Truckee Meadows Water Authority
To be the best customer focused water purveyor.
- We will always provide high-quality water at a reasonable value.
- We pledge to operate in a cost-efficient, safe and secure manner.
- We will provide open communication and education on all aspects of our region’s precious resources.
- We anticipate and plan for future customer needs through cooperative relationships within the community and with all stakeholders.
Our Business Objectives
In an effort to meet the TMWA Mission, we will:
- Provide a consistently high-quality of service 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Deliver the best valued product by allocating capital and operating expenses in the least cost fashion in order to deliver high quality water at reasonable prices.
- Plan for, develop and implement systems and solutions that increase efficiency, productivity, security and safety, in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide working environments that ensure the safe and secure operation of the utility.
- Empower our employees with the necessary skills, education and tools to achieve best operation, management and maintenance practices.
- Plan for, develop and implement effective communications systems that enable TMWA staff to properly communicate with each other, with our stakeholders, and with the public during both normal and emergency operations.
- Plan for the future by securing future water supplies and facilities for the community in order that the demands of growth, system maintenance, and regulatory compliance will be met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Plan for and practice emergency and business continuity procedures to ensure the continued delivery of the highest quality of water possible during emergencies and/or disaster situations.