Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) is proposing a series of single-digit rate adjustments over the next five years, the first of which would be effective in May, 2017. It would be the first increase in over three years and is needed to meet the cost of providing water service to our customers. The average residential customer’s water bill is expected to increase by $1.42 (3%) per month starting May 2017 with an additional monthly increase of $1.47 (3%) in May 2018. The TMWA Board of Directors will also have the option of implementing 2.5% increases in 2019, 2020 and 2021, if necessary. TMWA continues to monitor the effectiveness of our rate structures, and, as necessary, makes adjustments that better reflect the costs associated with treating, delivering, and maintaining the high-quality water that our customers expect.
To view the 2017 Proposed Rate Adjustments, click here.
Below is a list of public meetings TMWA has scheduled to provide information and collect customer feedback regarding the potential rate adjustment. Feedback will be presented to the TMWA Board of Directors.
There will be opportunities for the public to comment during TMWA’s Board of Directors and Standing Advisory Committee meetings.
Customers who cannot attend a meeting, but would like to comment, can do so by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us with your questions or comments at 834-8080.
Customer Open Houses:
- Tuesday, February 21 – 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Sparks Police Department—Training Room – Details
- Thursday, February 23 – 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Spanish Springs Library – Details
- Wednesday March 1 – 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – California Building in Idlewild Park – Details
- Thursday, March 2 – 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – South Valleys Library – Details
Board of Directors Meetings:
- Wednesday, March 15 – (first public hearing) 10:00 a.m. – 745 Fourth St., Sparks – Details
- Wednesday, April 19 – (final public hearing) 10:00 a.m. – 745 Fourth St., Sparks – Details
Standing Advisory Committee Meetings (SAC):