TMWA is proud to partner with the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) WaterSense
What is WaterSense?
WaterSense, a partnership program by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, seeks to protect the future of our nation's water supply by offering people a simple way to use less water with water-efficient products, new homes and services.
The WaterSense Label
By using water efficient products and practices, consumers save natural resources, reduce water consumption, and save money. In order to realize these savings, consumers need to be able to identify products and sercives that use less water while performing as well as or better than conventional models.
WaterSense makes it easy to find and select water efficient products and ensures consumer confidence in those products with a label backed by third-party, independent, testing and certification. Certifying organizations help maintain the WaterSense specifications, efficiency, performance, label use and also conduct periodic market surveillance.
What does the WaterSense label Mean?
Products bearing the WaterSense label:
- Perform as well or better than their less efficient counterparts.
- Are 20% more water efficient than average products in that category.
- Realize water savings on a national level.
- Provide measurable water saving results.
- Achieve water efficiency through several technology options.
- Are effectively differentiated by the WaterSense label.
- Obtain independent, third-party, certification.
If you are considering replacing any water fixtures in your home, check to see if those products have the WaterSense label.
Are you "Thirsty for Knowledge?"
Check out WaterSense Kids for fun facts and games!