Eighty-five percent of our quality drinking water comes from the Truckee River.
- Find out about our river system
- Find out more about our Glendale Water Improvement Project
- Learn about TMWA's water supplies including surface water and groundwater
- Read about water rights
- Download the 2010-2030 Water Resource Plan (adopted 12/16/2009) to learn about TMWA's Water Facility Plan
- Download the 2010-2030 Water Facility Plan (adopted November 2010)
- Learn about the Truckee River Operating Agreement (TROA),which governs TMWA's operation and use of river water, watch the documentary, or check out The Truckee River Fund site
- Watch a narrated water system video or learn about where our water comes from with a Flash animation of our water sources
- Learn about Lake Tahoe Storage and the Truckee River Flow
- See how TMWA Goes GREEN
Clean, clear water begins at the source. Lake Tahoe, our primary water source, is fed by snow melt and rain from throughout the northern Sierra Nevada, coming to us via the Truckee River. Learn more about our safe, clean, high-quality water and related topics.
Learn about the system of pipes, pumps, tanks, and mains that deliver treated water from our treatment plants to the homes and businesses of TMWA customers.