Public Input Process
View this Topic Paper as a PDF: Public Input
TMWA’S Welcomes Public Feedback
As a customer, can I be part of TMWA’S decision-making process?
Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) was created in June 2001 through a Joint Powers Legislation of the state of Nevada and is subject to the Open Meeting Law. As a publicly-owned agency and the largest water purveyor in the Truckee Meadows, we are here for you, and we value your comments.
In order to better serve our customers, we offer many ways for customers to provide comment to our Board of Directors and staff. We want to hear from you and know what is on your mind. Here is how you can reach out and be heard, and be part of the process:
- Board of Directors The TMWA Board of Directors usually meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 10 a.m. at the Sparks Council Chambers, 745 4th st. in Sparks. We invite you to attend and provide comment. There is a public comment section at the beginning and end of each meeting. Please confirm that the meeting has not been canceled or time moved at: www.tmwa.com/meeting.
- Standing Advisory Committee The Standing Advisory Committee (SAC) is an oversight committee made up of individuals representing all customer classes. Members complete an application process and are selected by the Board of Directors. The SAC reviews all rate proposals, budgets and other items as requested by TMWA’s Board. You are welcome to attend any of its monthly meetings, on the first Tuesday of every month at 3pm, held at TMWA Main Office at 1355 Capital Blvd., in Reno. For a list of all meeting times, go to www.tmwa.com/meetings.
- Tell the Board Online If you are interested in providing a comment to the Board of Directors but cannot attend a Board meeting, we encourage you to submit your comment online at www.tmwa.com/comment.
- Customer Service To reach customer service, please feel free to call 834-8080, option 2, and a customer service representative will assist you in your matter. Many of your questions can also be answered on our website at www.tmwa.com.
- Ombudsman Position Another avenue for customers to get assistance is through our Ombudsman, Joanne Stralla. Our Ombudsman is available to any customer who desires an extra level of help in working through the customer service process, or in the event that all normal customer service options were unable to provide a satisfactory resolution. This part-time, contract position reports directly to the chairman of the TMWA Board. For more information or questions, please feel free to contact our Call Center at 834-8080, option 2, or Ms. Stralla at 848-0813.
- Contact a Board Member If you have a question or comment for the Board, you are welcome to contact any of the members at any time. Contact information for all Board members is listed on our website at www.tmwa.com/board.
We encourage customers to attend all public meetings and provide input. As an added convenience for special meetings and workshops, we make every attempt to schedule meetings in the evening or on a weekend day for those who cannot attend during normal work hours.