Water Rules Questions & Answers
Q: What are TMWA's Rules?
A: The Rules of the Authority govern how business is conducted by specifying:
- Conditions under which water will be delivered.
- Application requirements for people requesting to receive water from the Authority.
- The procedure for a customer to discontinue receiving water.
- Rights of the Authority to terminate delivery of water.
- Circumstances and procedure to restore delivery of water.
- Information to be furnished by the Authority regarding billing for payment for the delivery of water.
- Procedures for estimation of bills and proration of bills.
- Customer responsibility for payment of bill and procedures for adjustments.
- Application process for developers or builders of projects that require new or modified water system facilities.
- Cost responsibilities for new or modified facilities.
- Definition of ownership and access to Authority facilities.
- Water resources required to be dedicated to obtain a will-serve letter.
- Dispute resolution procedure.
- Retail and Wholesale service boundaries of the Authority
Q: Where can I find the TMWA Rules?
A: Current rules are available on our Water Rules page.