At its April 19, 2017 meeting, TMWA’s Board of Directors approved a series of single-digit rate adjustments to be implemented over the next five years. The first of these increases was scheduled to go into effect in May, 2017. The increase was the first in over three years and is needed to meet the cost of providing water service to our customers. The average residential customer’s water bill is expected to increase by $1.42 (3%) per month starting May 2017 with an additional monthly increase of $1.47 (3%) in May 2018. The TMWA Board of Directors will also have the option of implementing 2.5% increases in 2019, 2020 and 2021, if necessary. TMWA continues to monitor the effectiveness of our rate structures, and, as necessary, makes adjustments that better reflect the costs associated with treating, delivering, and maintaining the high-quality water that our customers expect.
To view the Rate Adjustment Proposal approved by TMWA’s Board of Directors, click here.
Below is a list of public meetings TMWA held to provide information and collect customer feedback regarding the rate adjustment. Feedback was presented to the TMWA Board of Directors before they voted on the rate adjustment proposal.
There were also several opportunities for public comment during TMWA’s Board of Directors and Standing Advisory Committee meetings.
Customers who could not attend a meeting, but wanted to comment, could do so by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. They were also able to contact us with their questions or comments at 834-8080.
Customer Open Houses:
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017 – 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Sparks Police Department—Training Room – Details
- Thursday, February 23, 2017 – 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Spanish Springs Library – Details
- Wednesday March 1, 2017 – 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – California Building in Idlewild Park – Details
- Thursday, March 2, 2017 – 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – South Valleys Library – Details
Board of Directors Meetings:
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017 – (first public hearing) 10:00 a.m. – 745 Fourth St., Sparks – Details
- Wednesday, April 19, 2017 – (final public hearing) 10:00 a.m. – 745 Fourth St., Sparks – Details
Standing Advisory Committee Meetings (SAC):